Thursday, January 18, 2007

Humble beginnings

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is my progress on my newest knitting project. The ribbing for the back of the tank-top jumper that I decided I'd knit.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This will be the first piece of clothing that I've knitted apart from my socks. I've knitted hot-water bottle covers, scarves, cushion covers and blankets, but never something I can wear. I looked for the simplest pattern possible but one that I know I'll wear. And the green? Because I can't seem to get enough of the colour, I've become a little bit of a closet green-a-holic!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shade of green is lovely. Look forward to seeing the finished garment.

Thursday, 18 January, 2007  
Blogger Annie Jeffries said...

this pattern looks so comfortable and I love your color choice.

Thursday, 18 January, 2007  
Blogger Robyn said...

The knitting looks great! love the green. Have fun with it!

Thursday, 18 January, 2007  
Blogger Mimi said...

If you can manage socks I am sure you can manage this! Lovely colour wool. It is so satisfying to make something to wear, I think. Actually, just making things! Have nearly finished my letter back to you :)

Saturday, 20 January, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger