Thursday, January 04, 2007

Twenty-one

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


When I said I was off having fun, I wasn't lying! Today marks my 21st year of life, and what a whirlwind these years have been. Not all wonderful, but each serving a purpose.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Today I feel really "grown up", we haven't done much differently, or celebrated in any over-the-top way, but still it felt lovely. From waking up and making pancakes, to spending the day pottering with my husband, it's been lovely.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


My husband bought me an enormous bouquet of flowers, with some of the blooms from my wedding bouquet included (although that part was serendipitous), my mother spoilt me by sending a big red box topped with a golden bow, full of amazing things. A Radley handbag, something I'd been not-so-quietly coveting for ages and a Waterman pen, possibly one of the best presents I could've received. My hubby got me a wonderful portable-speaker system for my iPod (she will have music, wherever she goes!), a silicone muffin mould (don't tell me you didn't get one of those?!) and many other wonderful things. I am such a lucky, pampered girl!

As for being 21, I feel more optimistic about the year ahead and what it will hold. I am always cautious about optimism, but so much has changed, and is continuing to change ~ I can only hope it is for the good.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I've been indulged in one of my birthday rituals - tea and cakes, and have had a thoroughly enjoyable day. Usual programming will be resumed shortly ;-)

5 Comments:

Blogger Annie Jeffries said...

Happy, happy birthday Vinta. 21 years. An auspicious birthdate. I see you are celebrating with LOTS of cake. Good choice. LOL

Thursday, 04 January, 2007  
Blogger Ziz said...

happy 21st you young thing!! :) Looks like you had a wonderful day ;)

Thursday, 04 January, 2007  
Blogger Amy said...

Happy 21st birthday! You're still a spring chicken :-)

Thursday, 04 January, 2007  
Blogger Rowan said...

Congratulations and a very Happy Birthday! Your cake looks delicious, hope you have had a wonderful day.

Friday, 05 January, 2007  
Blogger Kali said...

Hi there! I've been a rubbish blogging friend, and have finally had a chance to drop by for a visit.
Very Happy Belated Birthday wishes to you...oh my 21!!! Definitely a milestone...enjoy your personal year ahead, may it and this new year bring you much happiness!

Tuesday, 09 January, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger