Saturday, December 23, 2006

Merry Christmas

*
**
***
|
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I got one of my christmas presents early - my husband demanded I open a little parcel that plopped through the letterbox this morning. He was worried it wouldn't come in time, it had come all the way from Hong Kong! It was the most heartfelt presents he could've given me - two of my favourite things wrapped up together (Sufjan Stevens and Christmas). Strangely enough I didn't even know these albums existed, which led to much trepidation on my husband's part, had I just not known about them, or didn't I like them?! Thankfully it was the former, and finding these beautiful songs made me feel all the more christmassy.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We went to a local garden-centre to find some more lights for the tree (a bad time to do it, when it's already decorated, but c'est la vie!) because it was much bigger than last year's and looking a tad bare in places. I couldn't believe just how quiet all the roads were, and how sad the garden centre looked as the staff were already taking the christmas things off the shelves and putting big SALE tags on them. But we had a coffee, watched the meagre bird-life through the windows (obviously sensible enough to still be in the nest!) and got a couple of last-minute presents.

I have only got to make some mince pies, then I'm all done. I am working tomorrow, but only half a day, so it's not going to be too bad. We also pick up our free-range, local turkey and my mum makes the 160-mile trip to stay for the week. I am so excited.

This will probably be the last post I have the chance to write before the big day, so I'll get it all over and done with and wish you guys the Merriest of Christmasses possible. May you have a warm, happy, safe, loving and peaceful christmas, may your wishes be answered, and may you enjoy it completely. So with that in mind, love to all of you and yours at christmas!

*
**
***
|

5 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Merry Christmas to you too!

Saturday, 23 December, 2006  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

wishing you the brightest of blessings! xoxo
you sound like my daughter and her husband who were married last year - they have both opened one of their gifts as they couldn't wait. enjoy ! let the inner child rip the paper xoxo

Saturday, 23 December, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Christmas my Darling, from your loving husband (taking a break from cleaning the bathroom!)

xx

Sunday, 24 December, 2006  
Blogger Jeremy said...

Merry Christmas!
All the best from Jeremy and family xx

Sunday, 24 December, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Wednesday, 27 December, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger