Friday, December 01, 2006

Sickly bunny

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Nice Lady Doctor: What can I help you with today?
Me: I, um, feel awful. I've got a bad cough, wheezing, temperature, chest pains and I keep coughing up grainy, funny-smelling phlegm (I saved the best for last, ya?)...
Nice Lady Doctor: You poor thing! Did you have a cold a while ago?
Me: Yes, but it got better and so I carried on and didn't think anything about it. Now I feel horrible.
Nice Lady Doctor (after having listened to my chest, and taken my temperature): You've got a temperature and there is a wheeze on one side of your chest. It sounds to me like you've got a nasty bacterial chest infection. It probably came on since your cold, because your immune system was low. You need at least a couple of days off work, in bed or watching bad TV and reading Heat magazine (she actually said that!), you'll feel like s**t for a while (she said that too!!), but the penicillin will help.

So dear friends, I'm taking her advice (apart from the Heat bit, I can't remember the last time I actually read a magazine, so I bought myself GoodHousekeeping!). I had to do the awful thing of ringing work and telling them (I feel so guilty) that I wasn't going to be in, even though I promised I'd work Saturday as well. But I really don't feel good, as I type my mind is off with the faeries, and I've got a stonking headache and temperature. So I'm off to bed now, with hot water bottle as the chills are coming and going regularly, and counting my blessings that I haven't got anything worse. Thankyou all for your kind comments - I might be a tad on the tardy side of blogging for a while, forgive me? Oh, and Happy December to all of you ~ what a way to start the month, eh?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can look forward to a nice weekend of pampering, my love :)

Friday, 01 December, 2006  
Blogger Amy said...

poor you, if you've got any lemons mix up a couple of squeezes with warm water, honey and aspiring - makes a huge difference.

Friday, 01 December, 2006  
Blogger Rowan said...

Poor you, get tucked up warm and sleep and rest until you feel better, I second the honey and lemon suggestion too. Get well soon.

Friday, 01 December, 2006  
Blogger Daisy Lupin said...

Yes loats of hot drinks and lots of snuggling with hot water bottles and just sleep the bug away. I am a great believer in sleeping to help healing, your body is left when you are asleep with nothing better to do than start healing.

Saturday, 02 December, 2006  
Blogger Kali said...

Oh you poor pet!
Sorry that you've been feeling so bad...hopefully things are beginning to improve by now...I hope so!
Take care VP :)

Sunday, 03 December, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger