Monday, June 06, 2005

How time flies!

Sorry about my lengthy absence, it's been a frantic month! My partner and I have moved into our new (first) house, and i've been busy making it gorgeous, which has been a task and a half! The garden hasn't been touched for a long time, which means that it's a grass jungle, which is in places up to your chest! I'm finally taming it, with the help of my partner, who has just found out that he rather likes gardening (or at least weeding, he doesn't know which plants are weeds and which plants aren't, which i'm teaching him!).
I have included my own visual representation of the garden (so it's not very accurate hehe)


The back bedroom / study, which was once a childs bedroom, had been painted bright purple and yellow, is now a tasteful white - which i have grand plans for! I have always known the colour theme for this room, which will be mainly cream, and above the picture rails (the joys of living in an old house!) will be a sumptuous green. I had been shopping a month or so before we moved in, and found the most gorgeous curtain material. It's an old chintz, with big full blossoms of rose etc. It's heavenly :-)

Now, after my mad morning of manic gardening, i'm off for a nap, and a read... Perfection :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger