Saturday, October 07, 2006

Late Autumn - Days and Nights

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My days are spent enjoying what little sunshine comes pouring through the windows, musing on my socks, coming together with pained expressions of anguish when I just don't understand how to shape the heel, and with long steamy days in the kitchen making soft, soothing foods that are eaten with my regulation cup of Clipper tea. Those up there? Chelsea buns, gorgeous buttery, sugary things, diddy-enough to be able to eat, oooh, 20 at once.. (I will not divulge how many I actually ate, needless to say, I'm ashamed!)

I'm looking forward now to christmas; I have not been making tremendous headway with xmas-card making this year ~ my creative bubble seems to have burst, and although I am filled with pure lust at the thought of doing something artsy/craftsy, all inspiration has left the building. For now at least. So all I can do is hope that by next week inspiration from Zeus and his palace of immortal gods (can you tell I've been reading Odyssey or what?!) will strike me down with Olympian ferocity and send forth a muse to give me inspiration. But hey, I'll settle for an idea any day hehe.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


The garden is now looking pretty, not stunningly full of blooms, all of the plants either have or are about to drop their seeds before bowing gracefully and leaving the stage. The calendulas are one of my brightest spots in the garden - not usually an orange and yellow lover, these have been one of my favourite parts of our 2006 garden. I emphasise the '2006 garden' bit, because I would like to have subtle change, and with nature, nothing stays the same for long, at the constant whim of weather and beast, we can only guide the garden on its path and hope for a pleasing outcome. This year has surpassed our wildest dreams in this respect, and whilst our William Morris rose is coming into the most beautiful blooms, the rest of the garden gently fades.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Sad, but nice to look back at the many photos we have, and remember the beautiful summer that we've had and enjoyed.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

4 Comments:

Blogger Rowan said...

I love Chelsea buns - have you made those yourself? They look very scrummy! My garden is fading gently away too and yet some of the plants are producing a last burst of autumn colour with their leaves before disappearing. With the wind last night it really felt like autumn for the first time too.

Saturday, 07 October, 2006  
Blogger Daisy Lupin said...

Got to admit those chelsea buns do look rather moreish! I think we have all had a lovey extra long flowering time with most of our plants this year. I have just had a second blooming of poppies and still got my dahlias, and amazingly enough, a second batch of flowering from my nasturiums. It was windy last night and I think that will mark the end of this year's garden, as the leaves are now starting to turn yellow on the plants.

Saturday, 07 October, 2006  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

look at those calendulas! do you harvest them to make your own calendula oil?

Tuesday, 10 October, 2006  
Blogger Vintage Wine said...

Og, those Chelsea buns looks yummy! My mouth is watering just by the look of them... Do you mind sharing the recipe? ;D

Tuesday, 10 October, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger