Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A Day in the Life

I know, I know, I am an awful blogger - it has been a week since I last posted anything and I've yet to comment on blogs. Sorry! But I will, I will. I have been keeping myself busy in the house, keeping myself free of the bugs that are doing the rounds at the moment and doing, fun, wonderful things like shopping in Hexham with my mum and making xmas decorations for us and others. I love the cool crisp mornings we've been having, although recently it's been mild, apart from a biting wind. Today is dreary, so I'm making myself do the dreaded bits of housework that I really don't like doing. Namely tidying. Which I usually leave to the husband, who can tidy until the cows come home.

Thankfully after last week's little dodgy doggy episode, TheG seems to be her own cantankerous self again, willing to chase my mothers' ageing cocker spaniel around the house, much to Chelsea's annoyance. It's not dignified for an old lady of 13 to be chased around by some young upstart! The cheek!

With my mother's visit we also made wonderful, delicious homemade pasta, bought a dehumidifier to dry out this house which suffers from condensation (most-likely causing all of my mysterious asthma-like symptoms) and drank many cups of delightful coffee whilst catching up on our lives so far (you wouldn't think we'd spend too much time doing this, seeing as I talk to her on the phone every. single. day. but there you go!).

The pasta is a Nigella recipe, incredibly easy to make and moreish to eat. We made enough to feed a rather large army, and enjoyed scoffing the lot!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


You start with sifted flour. You season it and make a well in the middle to which you add...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Eggs. Then you get your hands very messy and mix the goo until it forms...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Dough. Which is best left to settle, in a cool place for 30 minutes before you start the mammoth job of...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Rolling. The only downside being the rolling, as we don't have a pasta machine, the roller is my husband. See, not just a pretty face! It has to be rolled many times, the more the better, and the finer the pasta will be. It all has something to do with gluten molecules stretching or some such. Then you get the job of cutting it into...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Tagliatelle. Yummy.

Now off to craft (more on that later) and prepare for a strange man to visit our bedroom! Get your minds out of the gutter - he's the British Gas man, to service our boiler. Tsk!

4 Comments:

Blogger Robyn said...

I love your humor. :0) That pasta looks great and, aside from the rolling, easy.

Wednesday, 15 November, 2006  
Blogger Amy said...

oh wow you make pasta from scratch! yum!

Wednesday, 15 November, 2006  
Blogger Daisy Lupin said...

Wow pasta from scratch, what patience. Yes I am busy making Christmas Ornaments at the moment. I occasionally go through to Hexham, as there are some lovely shops there. Can you tell me is there a shop selling craft materials at all? I have also been told that Corbridge has some nice shops too.

Thursday, 16 November, 2006  
Blogger Tea said...

Oh, I bet that was good! Wouldn`t mind trying that sometime. Glad your dog is better.

tea
xo

Thursday, 16 November, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger