Monday, October 16, 2006

Santa came early

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


You know what they say about things happening all at once? Well, it's true. We now have the most gorgeous fence at the bottom of the garden, doing a splendid job of keeping little holligans out, and the dog firmly in. And Santa came early. It's a long story, but I'm now the stupidly-happy owner of a really wonderful camera and when not working, or cleaning, or providing tea, sympathy and biscuits for the Men At Work I have been taking insane amounts of photographs!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


After a really long and tiring day at work yesterday, I needed to get out. I longed to be in the middle of English countryside, with open country roads and the chance of seeing the odd little creature, the turning leaves on the trees and to smell the must of damp leaflitter. I took myself on an outing, completely on my own, and had a most wonderful time.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


It was a National Trust property, but with hardly anyone there, it made the most perfect excursion and photo opportunity.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

You'll be pleased to know that I am now the Very Proud Owner of a sock. It was conceived on honeymoon, and was born on Saturday, having gone through some painful grafting (if anyone can explain this to me, send an email to the usual address...) before it came into being. I will be starting the next sock once I've recovered from the ordeal of the first. But I do love it to pieces, imperfections and all.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

[knitted in Opal 'Petticoat' #1292 (isn't that cute?)]

You'll be very pleased to hear that there are hundreds more photos to come ~ I just hope you have broadband ;-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Vintage Wine said...

I love pictures from the English countryside & I`ve got broadband ;-)
Thanks for sharing your photos!

Monday, 16 October, 2006  
Blogger Robyn said...

Those are beautiful pictures! And congrats on the sock! HOpe the next one goes more smoothly. I'm not sure I had to graft the pair I made, otherwise I'd help you out.

Tuesday, 17 October, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger