Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Not all doom and gloom


The last couple of days have cleared my head wonderfully. Along with other excitements I've had my windows cleaned (lovely pair of chaps do it monthly - honestly, me, up a ladder?!), done heaps and heaps of ironing, vacuumed downstairs (duct tape is a wonderful thing...) and for the first time in aaages I've been in the mood to bake. I left my sugar-free regimen on hold, because during times of stress I felt I needed something to make life a little sweeter. But I am now returning to a life without sugar, which is nice and safe, because there are foods that as much as I may want, I know aren't helping me in the slightest, so out they go! Though, I must admit, my love of M&M's has been re-kindled, thankfully only briefly.



Today was a biscuit day and no mistake, my darling husband will appreciate these peanutty creations without doubt.



I mentioned the kitchen was in a green state of anarchy, well now is is more sedately painted all over, in a shade of sage-green that I'm finding most appealing. Not usually a green fan; I saw an item of loveliness when perusing Fenwicks at the weekend and proclaimed that yes, most definitely, the kitchen is going to be this colour, and walked off leaving the poor husband a bit bewildered but accepting.

We found three colours, the kitchen is now "tea-tree" and is divine. We bought another two tins, one called champagne which is pale cream and a warm, mucky grey-green which is also absolutely perfect. That will be for the dining room, anything to get rid of the Royal Blue in there at the moment!

See? Not all doom and gloom!

7 Comments:

Blogger Daisy Lupin said...

Green is a very relaxing colour and is supposed to make you feel calm, it is a lovely kitchen colour, especially that shade you have picked. Traditionally Green Rooms in the theatre were painted green as it was known to make the actors unwind and relax.

Wednesday, 06 September, 2006  
Blogger Jeremy said...

That all looks very good. Duct tape and biscuits both hold places in my heart too (not simultaneously).

Sorry to read about your calamities. I hope this sunny weather is helping to lift your spirits.

Wednesday, 06 September, 2006  
Blogger Leanne said...

The colors sound so lovely! Natural, peaceful, relaxing... mind if I pop over for a biscuit and to relax in the new lovely kitchen?!

Wednesday, 06 September, 2006  
Blogger Rowan said...

I'm glad you're feeling better about things, the sage green is a beautiful colour and the biscuits look lovely - very more-ish! I like the sound of the other colours you picked out too - nice tranquil, calming colours.

Wednesday, 06 September, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Tash I'm back!

I love the colour of your kitchen, so pretty and soothing :)

You have been busy I see...I'm very impressed with the sugar-free thing. I couldn't do that I don't think. I love to bake and then eat the results!

Wednesday, 06 September, 2006  
Blogger Tea said...

Love the shade you chose! And those cookies...mmmmmmm. Can I have the recipe? :) Can`t wait to see more pictures !

tea
xo

Thursday, 07 September, 2006  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

those biscuits look yummy! and I am so glad to hear someone else call them biscuits !
I love the colour green.

Tuesday, 12 September, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger