Thursday, August 10, 2006

portions for foxes

I apologise for the hideously long time that it's been without a post but I've been off gallivanting around having a good time and doing anything but what I should be doing. This is the first real online time I've had since Friday because there was a lovely visit from my mother and I've been planning changes in the house, sorting out mounds of paperwork and trying to sit down to do something (ants in my pants!). The garden has been the worst casualty in all of this, to the point of near-apathy. At first it wasn't the weather to do any gardening, then I was busy getting married and going on honeymoon and on coming back we had all of the hassle with the Husband's car and hooligans, I've just not felt much like doing anything in the garden apart from water the odd plant and marvel at the amazing pumpkins. I haven't even felt like taking photos! But with the nights drawing in, the days becoming cooler and alot needing to be done, it's something that I must face up to and do.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I will write a completely garden-centric post next time, but for now I want to tell you what a certain someone sent in the post! I was absolutely taken aback when I opened the most beautiful parcel, full of things that are just perfect! Thankyou so much! Inside the parcel, Leanne had packaged a gorgeous 'Bride and Groom Cookbook', a bridal pinny, cards and the pilot edition of her ClubHouse magazine with added goodies! It was so generous and so unexpected, and so thoughtful. I have already used the cookbook and will be using it together with my hubby this weekend to cook something long and slow with each other - yum :)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Talking of my hubby, never let it go unmentioned how wonderful he is, bringing me beautiful blooms home on Friday. This time amazing gladioli whose flared petals and tropical colours make me think of a flamenco-dancers dress.

I'm planning what I'd like to do in the house this winter, my usual time for decorating when it's cold and hostile outside but lovely and cosy inside. I have ideas but I'm not sure how to implement them, I've been going from room to room sorting things and getting rid of rubbish that has accumulated over time in preparation for a winter of making this house homely.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And yesterday I got out into the garden with naught but a dog, a book and the flora (and fauna) around me to do some reading. This book written about one of my favourite places, Somerset, is beautifully written and with glowing reports from The Times, I know it's going to be a good one.

So excuse the absence, if anyone wants to send ideas for inspiration, or a kick in the backside, then please do! ;-)

6 Comments:

Blogger me said...

What a lovely gift! And I've just found a new blog to read. How have I missed her 'til now? Those flowers are wonderfully exotic looking. It is summer. I don't see any true need to rush about and do. Enjoy it. Now I'm off to the dentist. Joy.

Thursday, 10 August, 2006  
Blogger Leanne said...

You are so very welcome! I'm so glad you liked it. That cookbook is one of my favorites, and every bride and groom should have it! By the way, you don't need a kick in the pants -- you are a newlywed! We expect you to disappear for long stretches at a time, and if you didn't, we'd worry then!

Thursday, 10 August, 2006  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

thanks so much for visiting my newest blog! It gladdens my heart when friends stop by & comment.
I find in my garden there are times when I 'just can't be bothered' and these times are usually at the end of each season, when I am waiting anxiously for the next season to come.

Thursday, 10 August, 2006  
Blogger Jeremy said...

What a heart-warming post, though I am still trying to figure out the title. I am also beguiled by the concept of 'near-apathy'. What a nice present, though, and it's also good to see someone looking forward to the winter.

Thursday, 10 August, 2006  
Blogger Daisy Lupin said...

I, like you have not been doing much gardening just enjoying the flowers that are blooming. I tend to get like this in August, probably because I know autumn is just around the corner, even early this morning there was that feeling of autumn coolness in the air. I'm also planning some decorating next month probably. It is the season for changes.

Friday, 11 August, 2006  
Blogger Shelley said...

What a beautiful blog! I enjoyed the visit!

Saturday, 12 August, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger