Thursday, March 30, 2006

Caught on Camera!

Whilst wistfully daydreaming out of the kitchen window, as I am prone to do from time to time, I noticed the red spectre of our favourite little rodent. I am of course, talking about our neighbourhood red squirrel. It seemed to be an adult, not as large as some I've seen, but much darker than the very brassy-red youngsters. My guess, from 30 paces, is that this is an adult female. I could be wrong, though!

Image hosting by Photobucket
[someone enjoying a nosh on the peanuts left out for them]

Image hosting by Photobucket
[and again...]

Image hosting by Photobucket
[I'm obviously not as important as the peanuts...]

Image hosting by Photobucket
[A charming tail-shot as it runs for the hills... and my camera lens]

After a few minutes of posing gracefully for the camera, she had enough, and dashed through the trees with such simple efficiency. I could see her gaily bounding into the pine trees immediately behind, one final bound and she was gone.

My new job title: wildlife papparazzi-in-training!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Gosh how cute! That's something we don't see here.

Thursday, 30 March, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just love seeing your photos of the wildlife around your place - we don't have squirrels in Australia, so it's lovely to see the pictures :)

Thursday, 30 March, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger