Friday, February 24, 2006

I'm beginning to see the light

Bobby Darin has been uttering those immortal words in my head all day, it's such a nice song. It also sums up how things are going at the moment, there is a spring in my step and I'm looking forward to a really nice weekend with the beloved.

The back bedroom really has needed doing, so whilst in a semi-doze in bed, I decided that I'd direct all my energies to this task. It wasn't as bad as I thought, and any, I mean any excuse to move furniture, compartmentalise and tidy is an activity that I enjoy, but not to the insane extent of a certain Anthea Turner, who folds towels like her life depended on it. I do believe that she is in need of some help, because if she hasn't got a problem then I don't know who has. There is organisation, and there is obsession (rant? moi? rant? never!). So, without obsessing, I have now cleaned and am half way through tidying things into proper places. The back bedroom suffers from a real lack of storage, which is not easy, as the room is pretty small. We have a large sofa-bed that acts as a double bed when the need arises, but it does dwarf the room, so I have a small gateleg table in there to sit at when using the sewing machine or doing anything artsy/crafty, which is now in front of the window. To give me a perfect birds-eye view of the garden in all its sparse beauty, and also the red squirrel, who is now named Nutkin (it was a toss-up between Brian and Nutkin, he should be relieved, non?). My car has become a temporary squirrel-watching retreat / bird hide, the neighbours must think I'm barmy.

In a good bit of wedding-related news, I have found the dress of my dreams, thanks to mum and her snooping around the 'net for me. The only hitch is that the website is American, but having talked to them they do send to the UK, so the apathy has waned and I'm now excited. I don't care if we have to walk to the wedding, I have me a dress and that's all that matters, really :-D Pictures will come when I have the dress in my possession!

Image hosting by Photobucket
[freshly-baked bread rolls]

And I've been in a mad baking mood, cookies, bread rolls, bunny casseroles, more cookies. You name it! But there is nothing like eating bread straight out of the oven. Naughty but very nice!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

MMm I love fresh bread straight out of the oven....its even better when you know you made it from scratch eh! Looking forward to seeing pics of the dress :)

PS Im a regular reader but never comment i'm sorry. I have a blog, but havent updated it in ages!!!

Marijke

Saturday, 25 February, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like a most productive day! Well done :)

I'm madly baking at the moment too, but no bread as yet - I have a new book full of recipes I want to try, so I may just get into that this afternoon.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend...

Saturday, 25 February, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger