Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Wedding!

It has been so long since my last post - sorry! It isn't intentional, but life around here has been so hectic for the both of us recently. There remain days when I just don't get onto the computer at all! Part of this hectic time has been the joint decision that this really is the time for us to tie the knot. After nearly 2 years of being engaged, we decided that there was no time like the present. We have done all the preliminaries, gone to the registry office, have sorted those details out and chosen the date (21st June - the summer solstice). But that's about all we have arranged as yet.
Which means, this weekend, it'll be 5 months exactly until the wedding. I am so excited, and a little nervous too.

These few weeks, since xmas, I have been so busy. Designing goodies to hopefully go into an online shop, learning through doing, and trying to keep the house and myself sane through the dark damp days we've had recently. I love how the birds are really starting to sing here in the mornings, which can only be a good sign of the impending spring. There is so much to do in the garden too. I have onions and leeks to plant (leeks outside, onions in), hoeing to do and so much general faff to contend with sometimes it feels like being pulled in many different directions. Wonderful crafty past times such as knitting have been replaced by wedding planning and lino cutting.
I used to love lino printing in school, I remember doing it really vividly, and getting pretty good results. My mother, being the artist she is, bought me lino and cutters for xmas which have turned out some really fantastic images. Spring is bringing all these exciting things to the fore. It is worth every minute.

My next task (apart from hoovering everywhere) is to start the designing of wedding invitations. How exciting this all is!

3 Comments:

Blogger Calidore said...

Just remember whatever you forget to do for you wedding, don't tell anyone, no one will be any the wiser, and they will all think you are wonderful. Good luck with the planning - I hope it all goes well.

Thursday, 19 January, 2006  
Blogger Mimi said...

Oh, congratulations, congratulations! I have had a long engagement too, and have just been booking the church and so on, although ours is not till next year.

Good luck and enjoy the making and the planning. I am thinking of putting sealing wax on my invitations. Isn't everything so alive and full of possibilities?

Thursday, 19 January, 2006  
Blogger Amber said...

Congratulations, what a great time of the year, hope all your planning works out well - Good Luck

Friday, 20 January, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger