Wednesday, December 14, 2005

On the needles

Still knitting my MIL's scarf, I had a break thinking that there was plenty of time before next weekend. Then poof, there's only 2 days *sigh*
Thankfully, I am a quick knitter when it comes to knitting and purling in various combinations, although I have knitted a purl and purled a knit ~ which usually only gets noticed 5 rows later (argh!).
This scarf, made up of 30 sts, in a 7x3 rib, has only taken one ball of Sirdar's Aran, which means that I have one left, hopefully for a scarf idea (for me!) that I have brewing!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
[MIL's scarf, currently around floor to navel length]

I shall do the meme that Robyn tagged me to partake in, but at the moment I'm as busy as can be (must get arse off computer!)
I am still waiting for the washing machine repair man to come and fix, what I presume, is something stuck in the pump which makes an ungodly noise. Why oh why do these things always happen around xmas?!
Tomorrow we are having a gorgeous dresser unit delivered, a present from the The Fiancé's parents, which will be really useful in freeing up space in our really teeny tiny kitchen. Yay!
Phew, we are now updated. Off to write the xmas cards that The Fiancé said he'd write 2 weeks ago - but didn't (argh!!!)

Later:
Scarf now finished! Woohoo. Just tying up loose ends, and I can wrap it. Now maybe onto a scarf of my choice?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger