Friday, December 09, 2005

Answers and Questions

Thanks to anyone who did ask a question - is it a little narcissistic to enjoy asking and being asked questions? I think I'm just a naturally enquisitive person ;-)
Ok, on with the show, the questions! Any later questions will appear below this post. Feel free to keep asking.

Rachel asked:

"Do you like animals? Any pets?
What is your favority color?
"

I love animals! I have always had animals, from goldfish, right up to cats, dogs and the horses I cared for in boarding school. Right now we have a lovely dog, whom we rescued in Oct 2004, from a dog sanctuary. From the ages of 3 upwards, there were always animals at our house, I remember counting about 8 at one time (from fish to guineapigs to mice to rabbits and a dog)! My favourite colour is probably blood-red, as it's such a rich colour.

Anonymous asked:

"do you work?
how did you meet your fiance? whats your 'love story'...how did he propose? whats happening with the wedding?
what is an average day like for you?
can we see more photos of your house...and maybe one of you guys?
"


I don't work right now. I did used to run my own cleaning business, but last November (2004) we moved many miles away from where we used to live and I haven't yet decided what to do with my life. I am a keen photographer, and have some absolutely fantastic (modest, me hehe) photos which I'm getting blown-up to be A4-ish size and hoping to sell those.
I met my fiancé via mutual online friends. As soon as we met online we exchanged phone numbers and we chatted throught the night. We decided to meet about a week later, and from then on, the rest is history :-) That was in August 2003, and we haven't looked back. Actually, he didn't propose, I did. It was a really spur of the moment thing, I am known to be a tad impulsive when it comes to something I'm sure about. At the moment, there is no date set for the wedding, we really like the idea of a long engagement. When we do get married, it will be a quiet small family affair, with no bells and whistles, in a non-religious registry office. It will hopefully be sometime in 2006, but as yet, we have no idea when or where!
An average day? Hmmm, in the morning I get up, make breakfast, see the Fiancé off to work and have my sacred hour of reading and/or knitting which makes me feel semi-human. After showering, I'll get to work on the housework until I've done what needs to be done, then either go out and do errands or maybe have a coffee at a local tea rooms. If the weather is nice enough, I'll take the dog and my camera out to the local country park, and walk her whilst taking photos. Make dinner (I LOVE cooking, and like to think that I'm good at it), knit, watch a little TV or a DVD, then off to bed at a reasonable hour! Of course, no two days are alike, it all depends on what's happening at the time. In summer I'll be out in the garden *alot* but in the winter it is more house-oriented activities.
I'll try to take some more photos of the house - although I'm not sure about photos of myself, I spend half my life avoiding the dreaded camera lens!

Ms*Robyn asked:

"what do you like to collect?
and
I know you write for brocantehome - on vintage gardening. Did you study horticulture or are you self taught?
"

I love collecting old linens, really old cotton and wool tablecloths, sturdy and typical-of-the-1930's utilitarian furniture. Frank Sinatra records, pressed glass, 'useful' plant seeds, pre-raphelite art prints, garden books, enamelware and anything that catches my magpie-eye!

I am completely self-taught when it comes to all things green. I love writing, especially about topics which are really important to me. Gardening is definitely one of those, and being as young as I am it'd be fab to inspire other youngsters to get their hands dirty. After all, I was out in sub-zero temperatures yesterday planting bulbs! I would love to do a horticulture course, just to say that 'I've done it', but everything I've learnt has been from Alan Titchmarsh or the plethora of books that I have on the subject, and for me, that's enough. Much of gardening is by trial-and-error anyway :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Robyn said...

thankyou ! what an interesting read. I am self taught in gardening too - lots of knowledge also passed down from my grandpa.

Sunday, 11 December, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger