Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Remember November (how could I forget?)

November hasn't ever been my month, really. It was the month, 10 years ago, when my grandmother died whilst my mother and I were suffering very badly ourselves with the flu. A few years later a dear friend of ours also passed away. It is a month that always seems cold and forboding. This year, it seems is no different. I am sat here, slightly shivering, feeling like death. I also look like death, but seeing as I have been feeling deathly for the last few days, I don't overly care about my appearance. I have had a nasty dose of the flu, my 3rd dose within a year! Quite frankly, I still feel awful. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel, as for the first time in what seems like forever, I am sat up and managing to walk around, eating small things here and there, and writing this to you! I also had to venture out (The Fiancé is so busy with work we only get to see each other for maybe an hour a day - not including sleep - so he doesn't have chance to go shopping etc) today to our local shop-with-chemist to get something to put up my nose, something to stop the temperature that I've had now for the last 4 days, and something foody that doesn't need any thought. I got back into the car, and sat there, boiling to death, slurping water and taking co-codamol like they were Smarties praying that I would feel well enough to drive home. I did, thankfully, and I am here now, just about to go back to bed so that I don't over-exert my already-weary body any more!

So this will be quick, just a little 'hello' to you all, I hope you're well and I shall be back with gusto when this 'bug' has finished with me ;-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, hope you're feeling better soon. Keep yourself wrapped up!

Thursday, 10 November, 2005  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

I do hope you are feeling better now.
Garlic is wonderful when you feel like this, as is green tea to help boost your immune system
when I had the flu awhile back, I made a tea of infused thyme leaves with honey and lemon.

Sunday, 13 November, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger