Tuesday, October 18, 2005

In a creative mood

I have every intention of getting some photography done, the Autumnal colours are so beautiful here. I'm also feeling rather creative, I am still knitting (when I have the time, in between everything else that has been going on lately), and crocheting. I'd like to do some embroidery, something that I don't have much experience with, but with the help of a really detailed book on all things knitting/embroidery/crochet related, I think I'll have some fun learning!

The back bedroom, which was previously used as the 'computer room' was changed a couple of weeks ago into a proper bedroom. It has a sofa bed and thus is now a dual purpose room. The light in there is good pretty much all day, thanks to a big window, and in the afternoon/evening it basks in a warm radiance. So, the back bedroom is now my creative haven. My old Singer sewing machine has taken up residence in there, along with my crafting fabrics, quilting materials and crochet stuff. Admittedly, it does have lilac carpet, but that was there before us! I plan on painting the walls a buttercream colour, and adding some artwork to liven the place up a bit. I am quite 'arts-and-crafts-movement' inspired, so if one could have William Morris wallpaper, then I'd would, but I don't think that's going to happen! So I'll settle for some Pre-Raphelite art on the walls. Everyone needs some Edmund Blair-Leighton and Lizzie Sidall on their walls!


The dog was taken to the vets for her annual booster vaccination, despite there being a rather large, rather manic spotty dalmatian sitting a few feet away from us, the dog responded rather well. She is such a changed character from when we first got her. Which is all good, she has mellowed out alot too. Although I'm sure she'll always remain a complete puppy, I'm sure it's the Alsatian in her.

Righty-o, I'm off to sort my little 'creative haven' out, and then maybe a trip out to take some photos on my very old, but very good 35mm SLR.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

Keep up in the creative mood, Auntummn is upon us and will give us the scenery to photograph and the indoor crocheting etc., Well done I've watched your progress via your Blog

Wednesday, 19 October, 2005  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

I love Edmund Blair Leighton's work. I have two framed posters of his. My fav. is The Accolade. Your creative haven sounds very pretty. Lavender floor and buttercream walls. Wonderful!

Thursday, 20 October, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger