Thursday, September 15, 2005

Crocheting, baking and plenty of rain

It has been a decadent day today. It wasn't expensive, it wasn't time-consuming, but it was just what i needed. The rain has been pattering away all day, i love rain. I prefer to watch it from a small plate-glass window, or hide under trees and listen to the constant patter of the drops on lush green leaves. Or maybe even whilst sleeping under canvas, hearing the tambourine-like rythm of droplets.

Going into town was nice, slow, relaxing. I walked around my favourite charity shops and got a pressed glass bowl for the bargain price of 79p! I found a little haberdashery shop, stocking exactly the stuff i was looking for - crochet cotton and the right-sized crochet-hook (I have been struggling on with one that is too big, and another that is too small!). I am learning to crochet, and am mid-flowery-doilie as we speak.

I then decided to do some baking (in between reading and crocheting). I had found this recipe on the Yarnstorm Blog [link]. They have come out so wonderfully that i am having problems avoiding the kitchen ;-)

The garden has also come into it's own in the last couple of weeks. Dahlias are flowering, the Cerynth has surpassed itself, the two Sunflowers are wide-open and full of bees, sweetcorn is growing and tomatoes are ripening. Not to mention the sweet peas and edible peas. I shall post pictures tomorrow! I am now off to do something that needs attending to; paperwork. It comes through the door (usually bills, of course), and then ends up all over the place. But no longer! As long as it keeps me upstairs until the beloved comes home, and away from heavenly-rock-bun-goodness, i'm fine. Phew.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Oh I just love looking around op-shops for bargain items. Hope you had lots of fun.

Thursday, 15 September, 2005  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

we have had some rain, not much but enough to make my spring garden look fresh!
love reading your blog!

Saturday, 17 September, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger