Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Signs of Spring...

Violets wafting their heady scent...

Image hosting by Photobucket

Tulips waving their bright heads...

Image hosting by Photobucket

Spireas full of this years' leaves...

Image hosting by Photobucket

Or a Peony, unfurling itself in the spring sun...

Image hosting by Photobucket

The first ladybird sunning itself (I make no apologies for the dandelion)

Image hosting by Photobucket

Hawthorns open their bread and cheese...

Image hosting by Photobucket

A bleeding-heart re-emerging from a winter's sleep...

Image hosting by Photobucket

A squirrel forraging for any nuts it can find...

Image hosting by Photobucket

Purple-sprouting brocolli making a show (at last!)...

Image hosting by Photobucket

Or a lone daffodil, nothing between it and the sky...

Image hosting by Photobucket

5 Comments:

Blogger me said...

If it weren't for the allergies, I would totally be in love with spring because of things like your tulips.

Thursday, 13 April, 2006  
Blogger Amy said...

If you don't mind me asking, what's your favourite thing about spring?

Thursday, 13 April, 2006  
Blogger Amy said...

Well, my favourite thing about autumn are (and I know most people feel the same) the colours, gold, brown, yellow, red, so pretty when the leaves fall off the trees. Hope all is well in your part of the world :0)

Thursday, 13 April, 2006  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

I wouldn't make an apology for the dandelion either - I love them. My grandma used them in her cooking quite often. I havent been as adventurous. I love violets - the perfume is divine.

Friday, 14 April, 2006  
Blogger Mimi said...

I love the idea of a ladybird staking out the best spot for a sunbathe! Your garden looks so peaceful, so much to look at and smell and play...enjoy!

Saturday, 15 April, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger