Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Referring the searchers

You know, at chez VintagePretty, I've been getting a good few hits. Which I am very pleased about, naturally. But quite how people get here has always fascinated me. It's nice to know where people come from, what they are looking for when they come across my blog. Which is why I can't help but gawk when someone gets to my site from searching for something that they are clearly not going to get here!

So, for the (sometimes) mis-guided folks out there, a little list of popular referral terms compiled for ease!

"reading as a pasttime"

Yes, I do read. I do it as a pasttime and I enjoy it immensely. There is seldom a time when I am without a book at my side. Currently, seeing as we're entering spring, it seems to be books to do with gardening and nature.

"been gone at a wedding"

I don't quite follow, perhaps it's just me? I have been to a wedding once, when I was a wee thing of three, but I don't think I've 'been gone at a wedding'... Anyone else?

"pretty nips"

The mind really does boggle, how that person found my site I'm not sure. I refuse to comment on the state of my nips, pretty or otherwise! I mean, the cheek!

"roses tasha"

Yes, I love roses, and my name is Natasha. As for roses named 'tasha' I don't think that variety exists (if anyone knows different, let me know!) but feel free to grow a nice rose and name it after me!

"fluffy tits"

'Nuff said... The long-tailed tits aren't fluffy, although when very young fledglings, some of their nest-down might still show. I presume that was what was meant?!

"wedding tasha pictures"

Isn't that jumping the gun just a tad? I'm not yet married! Patience is a virtue and all... ;-)

"vintage housework rituals"

Ahhh, this is a good one. Very simple too. Two words for you, elbow grease. No! Not literally! Figuratively speaking of course. Get rid of every cleaning product you own and get down and clean with soap flakes, bicarb of soda, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and hand-knitted dishcloths! It takes longer, but it gets things cleaner, without killing you and your family in the process. I really do recommend it.

"natasha naked"

All I can say to that is: dream on, hon.

"nice pretty tits"

Yes, my coal tits, long-tailed tits, great tits and blue tits are all pretty and nice! I really will have to get some pictures up soon to show everyone!

"dig for victory"

I applaud the soul who searched for that, because it is something that we should all know about, understand and perhaps learn from. If we all became even slightly self-sufficient then the world would be an infinitely nicer place, don't you think?

A drumroll for my favourite of all...

"best season to sow lawn in "east anglia""

Now, this I can't really give much information on. But when it comes to sowing lawns I can fathom these basic rules... Sow when warm in moist soil. If it doesn't rain then you'll need to irrigate your lawn. Remove stones. Rake to a fine tilth, roughly level. Fertilise beforehand. Sow seeds, and get your best good-weather-praying-lawn-fertility hat on!


Next week? VintagePretty solves the age-old question; how to sow a lawn in the east midlands!! See, I've got you all excited now!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That's so funny! You do get some interesting search terms - maybe it's time to stop talking about birds!! LOL

Glad you are back, and happy you are getting to spend some quality time with your honey :)

Tuesday, 14 March, 2006  
Blogger Amy said...

It sure is funny some of the searches that people do to get to our blogs...

Wednesday, 15 March, 2006  
Blogger Calidore said...

hehehehe love it. What a shock some people must get when they start searching for things.

Thursday, 16 March, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

weird stuff. good responses tho!!!

has your beautiful dress arrived yet? would love to hear more about your wedding plans!

Thursday, 16 March, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger