Thursday, March 02, 2006

A belated Dydd Gwyl Dewi hapus!


A happy (belated) Saint David's day to everyone! I am Welsh, and so celebrated in the best way that I know, which is a bunch of Daffs on the windowsill (thanks to the Fiancé whose romanticism knows no bounds), taking in the bracing spring air, and eating my wonderful, deliriously gorgeous leek, spinach and potato soup with freshly baked cheesy scones straight from the oven!

Please excuse my lack of posting/commenting, these few days have been spent doing much-necessary catching up between myself and The Fiancé, during these long winter days that he has been working his socks off, it has been hard just getting time to chat and have a cuppa together, let alone have breakfast in a civil way. So this is what we have been doing, getting up later than usual (at a respectable 7.30am!), having breakfast together, shared dog-walks through the spring countryside and lots of just enjoying each others company. It has been really nice (and much-deserved!).

On Tuesday, I recieved the most wonderful gift from Robyn, which was not only a complete surprise, but has made my week - so this is a thanks to you, you darling! It was the most unexpected thing to pop through my postbox, but it has made a soppy girl very happy indeed, thanks!

The crocuses are up, and just waiting to unfurl their petals, I am feeling better than I have done for a long time, the wedding invites are sat on my dining room table waiting to be addressed and posted, and life at the moment is really nice! The next week or so the Fiancé and I are planning to get out more into the garden, finish lots of small jobs around the house (decorating, sanding, cleaning etc) so that when the wedding time comes, it will be in perfect order!


I'm now off to get cosy in a nice hot bath courtesy of Lush, but before I go, I'll leave you with a poem, from a book I found in the local Oxfam shop, entitled 'Poems for Gardeners' edited by Germaine Greer, famous thigh-slapping feminist and witty writer, she is also an avid gardener.

"The almond flourisheth, the birch-trees flow,
The sad mezereon cheerfully doth blow,
The flowery sons before their fathers seen.
The snails begin to crop the mandrake green;
The vernal sun with crocus garden fills,
With hyacinths, anemones, and daffodils.
The hazel catkins now dilate and fall,
And paronychions peep upon each wall."


Early Spring by Anon [Sir Thomas Browne?]

3 Comments:

Blogger me said...

Love the redesigned blog. And I'm also glad you liked my suprise. I'm really glad it made your day. It is good that you and the fiance are getting to spend some much needed and deserved time together. We, too, are working on some home improvements. It is quite fun, I dare say. Okay, talk to you soon.

Friday, 03 March, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

How lovely that you are getting time to spend together - no apologies necessary!

Wishing you a glorious Spring weekend :)
xx

Friday, 03 March, 2006  
Blogger Leanne said...

Isn't wonderful when you get some time to reconnect with the one you love? And thank you for mentioning LUSH in your post -- I checked it out and I think you've introduced me to a new addiction! The new design is pretty, by the way. Really like it!

Thursday, 09 March, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger