Friday, January 20, 2006

Blues now replaced with greens (literally!)

Today has been wonderful. For what seems like the first time in ages the windows were flung open with wreckless abandon, the heating was turned off, and the house, as well as myself, had the chance to breathe. The wind was wild, when walking the mut, it seemed like it would blow us both over. The dense pine forest at the bottom of our garden is really spectacular when it's windy. The noise it exudes is akin to being at the beach on a rough day, it roars, and reminds me how powerful mother nature is.

I got some lino printing done today, and also got to go into town to pick up some yummy things. Namely spinach as I'm trying to take lots of positive steps to make myself healthier. For the first time in ages, I'm taking vitamins and evening primrose oil, eating really healthily (most of the time - I haven't touched chocolate for over 2 weeks!!!). My body is rewarding me for my efforts, too. In myself I'm feeling much better about everything, a lot more positive than I have for a long time. I find myself sat in my little paradise, lino tools at hand, staring out of the window watching the crows as they flock and land on the almighty pine trees. It's quite awe-inspiring.

This weekend, if possible, I'm going to try to get some of my prints in to a local shop to see if they'll sell them. It makes me nervous to think of it - but it's nerves mixed with excitement. Perhaps 2006 will be really good after all, I hope so!

Right this very moment I'm off for a bath, whilst reading what should be a really good book. Have a great weekend whatever you chose to do :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Robyn said...

hmm I could have sworn I commented here on this post..something about green tea being wonderful for you..sometimes if you just need one little piece of chocolate, remember that dark chocolate is better than milk chocolate. (weight watchers tip)

Tuesday, 24 January, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger