Monday, December 19, 2005

In the Mood

It seems that finally everyone is feeling a little more xmassy at last. The tinsel is draped artfully over most objects in people's homes, and the xmas lights are twinkling. Today was spent mostly recovering from the long drive that the Fiancé and I took on Friday. It is the MIL's b'day this week, and the Fiancé wanted to get down to give her the presents (and of course, the xmas presents as well). Knowing full-well that the dog would not tollerate a room full of people she didn't know, and not wanting to cause family ructions if, by some horrible turn of events, she decided to make a nuisance of herself, we took a detour via my mothers house where the dog and I stayed for the weekend. We had a great time, eating plenty and watching Love, Actually whilst bobbing up and down maniacally when Hugh Grant, as Prime Minister, dances around Downing Street. If you haven't seen it, the film is an xmas must!

Tonight was spent in a far more laid-back way. Having done the last shop before xmas, bought more brussel sprouts than are really necessary, we got home exhausted. The Fiancé suggested we open the bottle of Pimms #3, the winter one, which was added to apple juice, with cinnamon and cloves. It was delicious. We also *bought* an xmas pud, but only for the container that it comes in, so I can make one myself ;-) We decided to sit listening to Jools Holland's xmas special on Radio2, followed by a spectacular Big Band Christmas Special of which I am particularly fond, whilst drinking our gorgeous spiced Pimms concoction, eating xmas pud, in only the light of our xmas tree. We sat there cuddled for ages, until the call for bed was made. This is the best part of xmas for me, and it couldn't have been any more magical.

Night night ladies, I'm off to dive under our warm duvet with my belovéd :-)

3 Comments:

Blogger Miss Robyn said...

oh what a perfect night. we can't snuggle here, it's way too hot - well I guess I can always turn the airconditioning on really high !
wish I could have a glass of that pimms, sounds delish - actually is the 'in' drink here at the moment

Tuesday, 20 December, 2005  
Blogger Amber said...

What a wonderful evening, pimms with the Christmas cloves and cinnamon then finished off the evening with a nice cuddle.

Tuesday, 20 December, 2005  
Blogger me said...

Nights like those are truly wonderful! If I drank, I think I'd probably really like your pimms spiced up.

Tuesday, 20 December, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger