Thursday, November 24, 2005

Wintery days

My heart rises when it snows. The thought of snowmen, deep white fields of cool icy crystals, a brand-new canvas to look at. It changes the landscape so completely that it could be anywhere. I doubt we'll get the 25cm reported in some counties, but I can't wait to see those flakes falling, whenever they decide to fall. I will be all warm and tucked up, totes socks firmly on my little feet, camera in hand ready to catch the first few flakes falling.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
[snow tracks left by the resident fallow deer, a common sight early on cold mornings at the old house]

I was a snow-baby, way back in 1986 when I was born, the country was under a deep blanket of ice which lasted all the way through January, through February, and through March. Ever since then, I can't see enough snow fall, or feel enough snowflakes on my face. Last year, whilst renting our quarrymens cottage, we were subject to many deluges, some over 1 foot deep. It was marvellous, I spent many long hours out there frolicking with our dog, who fount it rather novel that it was edible! So, if you're in England over the coming days, make yourself comfy, find a good book, pacify the dog/kids, and enjoy the gorgeous white blanket that will be enveloping us.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
[virgin snow captured early in the morning, at the old house]

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss Robyn said...

oh it sounds wonderful! if I could have just one wish - it would to be able to have the opportunity to live somewhere like you have described. Just for one year!
so by reading this - it seems to me that your birthday must be sometime soon - are you going to share the date? :) so we can wish you a happy day !!!
I am a January baby but born in the middle of a hot australian summer

Monday, 28 November, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another brilliant cameo of VP life!
I keep telling you write a book!

Thursday, 01 December, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger