Friday, November 11, 2005

Thanks, Mum

Knowing how unwell I've been for the last week, Mum has always been at the end of the phone willing to perk me up. At my worst she was calling regularly to make sure that I was ok, that I was keeping myself warm ("Yes, mum") and drinking plenty of water ("Yes, mum") hehe. Although she was worried about me, just knowing that someone was at the end of the phone whenever I needed to grunt into it was a great help.

This morning a rather loud parcel 'plopped' through my letterbox, containing two things. A book for me, as she knew that I'd just finished the last book she sent me, and a bar of rather sumptuous Lindt dark chocolate (hardcore 70% stuff) which I know has been found to help with sore throats and coughs - although she included it for the pure pleasure factor ;-)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

So, this is for my Mum, to say thanks for your love, phonecalls and letters when I was feeling really dire.

And also a big thankyou to Amber who called daily to check up on me, and to provide me with the gossip and goings on to keep my mind off the flu!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

Between us your Mum and me like to think in different ways we have kept you going. We both know that you've had a really nasty time with the flu.
We care very very much, and on this day particularly I know that you have very private memories which will always be dear to your family.

Friday, 11 November, 2005  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

hope you are feeling better xox

Sunday, 13 November, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger