Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Glorious Wednesdays

On the car-journey home from my little outing into our local town, I had a little epiphany of sorts. I felt incredibly happy, I knew I was going home, to my home, to the house I love to pieces and to a happy little girl (our dog). I had spent an enjoyable hour in town, chatting (or being chatted to) a lady in Help the Aged, and browsed the small market being held in the town square. Despite the gloomy damp weather and grey skies, I wore my favourite perfume, wrapped myself up in a wonderful scarf (given to me by a dear friend in America) and made use of a handbag that I made yesterday (albeit a little on the basic side!). I smiled at just about everyone, especially those who looked like they could do with someone smiling at them. It never fails to make someone feel better. I inadvertantly did some xmas shopping, too and managed to find Amber's present completely by chance! On the way home, just as I was feeling completely happy, on the horizon I could see the sun breaking through the damp grey clouds.

Now the sun is intermittently showing itself through the clouds, I am going to wrap up, and snuggle on the sofa to watch a program about allotments whilst my counterpart Amber, does the same in her neck of the woods! After that, who knows? I have been writing alot of late, most of which doesn't get posted, but it feels very cathartic indeed. Writing for the soul, what is better than that?

2 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

OK, whats the Christmas present and how did you find the allotmentment programme????????

Wednesday, 19 October, 2005  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

Thats a lovely purse and the color is just 'special'. Its nice you had such a good day, thats the way they are all supposed to be, right!

Thursday, 20 October, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger