Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Xmas and Me

I must've mentioned that I am an Xmas obsessive, right? We got a gorgeous tree on Saturday and decorated it on Sunday with The Fiancé's parents as helpers. I have sent xmas cards a-plenty, and have recieved some also. I love the smell of pine and tinsel, which has its own unique smell, taking me back to my childhood when santa would come to give me what my heart desired.
I have xmas music playing on every music-player in the house, switching from Paul McCartney to Slade to Wizzard and even Cliff Richard! I am drinking my christmas tea, revelling in the atmosphere that the little lights on our tree create. From here on in it can only get more xmassy, and I shall be enjoying every last drop of what December has to offer.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
[Our tree]

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tree! And another fellow tea lover I see. I feel this way about December and Christmas too. I have been folding lots of paper stars to decorate our flat with. I have been reading your blog for a while and just wanted to say how much I enjoy it, love Mimi x

Tuesday, 06 December, 2005  
Blogger Rachel said...

Lovely tree! Christmas music, Christmas smells, the twinkling lights, can't get any better than that!

Thursday, 08 December, 2005  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

I adore the smell of the pine tree at Christmas time. enjoy your preparations !

Friday, 09 December, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger