Tuesday, November 29, 2005

A change is as good as a rest

After the last few weeks spent either being ill or very cold (I think we're turning into Canada!) I decided there was no better time to make some changes around the place. I am one of those people ;-) Having spent a good deal of time in the bedroom recently, I decided that we really should get the end-wall painted to match the others. So, on Sunday evening we set out painting. We went from bright-red to buttercream in 2 coats, I am chuffed, and the difference it makes to the light in there is incredible. The red wasn't our choice, but after changing the other 3 walls in the room from white to cream, we left the red one as we were just too tired to do any more.

We also had to remove two shelves either side of the bed, one of which just refused to be moved - a few expletives and phonecalls to a knowledgeable parent-in-law later and it was off (with the Fiancé grinning from ear-to-ear).

The end result is thus - apologies for the rather rubbish picture, but the light has, of late, been rather poor (lovely rain/sleet/hail we've been having recently!)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
[bedroom wall minus bright, garish redness and now a rather serene 'buttercream']

I am preparing for a visit from the inlaws, at the weekend, which should be exciting. But leaves me a whole week to worry about everything from not having things ready in time to forgetting to change the bath mat. I am, however, so completely excited about xmas that it is unreal. I eagerly await the 1st, when I plan on getting up early and sitting downstairs in my dressing gown and double-layered bedsocks (to keep my poor cold feet warm!) to enjoy a cup of xmas tea in total darkness. Then turning on the TV to listen to the overabundance of xmas music that will be plaguing us for the next month and a half, but that makes me feel very seasonal.

The FIL-to-be's stripy cammo coloured scarf has been finished. I did a silly thing and ended up casting on one too many stitches (ok, 30 too many - I ended up with 70!) but it will be good to wrap his neck and head in when he trolls up and down the countryside as he frequently likes to do. I have now started on the MIL-to-be's scarf, done in a deep purplish Sirdar aran in a 7x3 rib, which is really simple and understated (and only 30sts - hallelujah!). It grows really quickly, and already I have done over a foot of it (I started yesterday) which leaves me with great hopes that it will be done in time for xmas!

Now I am off to bed, to sleep, in our newly harmonised bedroom and dream of knitted sheep (I think I'm heading for a Wallace and Gromit moment here, where's Shawn? hehe)

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Robyn said...

hope you enjoy your weekend ! those scarves sound wonderful

Friday, 02 December, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger