Wednesday, December 21, 2005

On xmas puds and knitting...

The puds are now done! I am so pleased, my first xmas puds. There was a little accident with the first one (they are done in two smaller containers to halve boiling time) as it went into water that was a tad too deep and temporarily drowned. Thankfully it hadn't got too wet, and was saved by my quick-wit and cunning :-D I am pleased to report that they are both happy, healthy xmas puds, weighing in at just over 1lb (550-600g approx.). As for fingers and toes, I'm hoping they don't have any... I do have a great tip to make steaming/boiling quicker, once in their little containers, use a rubber band or three, with some baking parchment, to cover their little tops. Cruel as it may sound, it does help them cook a lot faster and more evenly, without them getting wet from steam condensation.

The scarf is coming along, after changing my mind and deciding to do it in one type of wool, instead of two, and using up the lilac wool that should've been a scarf many moons ago but never was. I am learning new stitches daily, this baby fern is so sweet and ridiculously easy to do. One day, I shall work up to a garment. I regularly threaten the Fiancé with a jumper, he eyes me with great suspicion and mumbles something (I don't ask what hehe).

So, without further ado drumroll ifyouplease, I present, the beginning of yet another scarf!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
[scarf artfully placed on book]

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
[a close-up of the pattern, it is much prettier in person]

Currently listening to:
Troika, composed by Prokofief, from the Lieutenant Kije Suite
For me one of the ultimate xmas songs...

1 Comments:

Blogger Boxwood Cottage said...

I'm popping in to wish you and your family a very Happy Christmas and all the best for 2006!

Sunday, 25 December, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger