Tuesday, December 27, 2005

A Magical Family Xmas

This year, xmas was magical. Not the magical childhood xmasses, where santa comes down the chimney and leaves you your heart's desire, nor the skeptical xmasses of my early teens, this was different, but magical nonetheless. It all went to plan, with no hitches, crises, burnt bits (10 raisins, to be exact), shouting, illness, worry or stress.
The turkey was perfect (if a little large), perfectly cooked, the vegetables were all prepared by my commis-chef (a.k.a. The Fiancé) wonderfully, we sat at the table by scant candle-light and enjoyed the moments which, in all reality, are too fleeting. Presents made up a small part of the day, everything that I received was so perfect for me, and very creative for the most part. We spent the best quality time with each other. The cake was definitely lush, moist and everyones favourite, the dog got her presents too (which she enjoyed greatly) and the day was everything and more than I hoped it'd be.

I hope everyone else had as good a time as I know I did, and will have a very merry new year.

So...

"for now, let me say - Without hope or agenda - Just because it's Christmas - And at Christmas you tell the truth - for me, this was one of the best xmasses ever" ~ with apologies to Love, Actually

2 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

"Magical" I like the word you used to describe your best xmas ever. So carry on in the same mood and think of the wonderful moments often.

Tuesday, 27 December, 2005  
Blogger Rachel said...

Sounds like you had a lovely time but I'm sure it passed too quickly.
Happy New Year!

Wednesday, 28 December, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger