Saturday, December 31, 2005

Goodbye 2005

Contemplating life, as I always do at this time of the year. Well, it's the in-between time, we have alsready had a new year, thanks to the solstice, but still we wait with anticipation for the 2nd new year on the 1st. This year, very soon in fact, I leave the realms of teenagerhood behind and embark on the next step, whatever that may be, of an even longer voyage. This, for me, is the most reflective time of the year. Just like I do every night, go through what's happened to me in that day, I sit and think about the year that I/we've had, good bits, bad bits, and bits I'd rather forget all come to the front for one long last look before they get filed away in the 2005 filing cabinet.

My teens haven't been the happiest of times, actually, at points they have been pretty hard. But I have learnt a tremendous amount, from people, from life, from the world. My opinions have been formed, conclusions made, and experiences had. Sometimes I still feel like the child I was, but don't we all? My life is one that is constantly changing, sometimes slower than others, but as everything changes and evolves, so do I, and my life is made all the richer for it.

If I look back at the last 5 years, what has happened, the things I didn't think ever would happen to me, I am amazed. The things I have achieved, however small, the steps made, and the tasks accomplished. I still have many dreams and aspirations, but I haven't found my niche in life just yet. However I am absolutely positive that, like everything else in my life, it will come to me when I am ready for it, and not a moment before. There will be more challenges, monumental decisions and ups and downs, which will have to be faced with a courage that will sometimes eludes me.

But when I look at what I've got, the fact that I am loved by so many people, that I can do good deeds, empathise and change, I am grateful for everything I have. I will work on bettering myself, learning more, experiencing many more things, and trying to break down those barriers that have been erected by my past. I still have so much more to do before my time is done.

So, this is to everyone who reads, I wish you a good new year, may you realise your full potential, do great things, may your mind open and your horizons widen to the possibility of All That Is.

Goodbye 2005, hello 2006!

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Robyn said...

happy 2006 to you to !!!

our past and whatever happens in them is what makes us who we are. I look back on my life too and sometimes wonder how I ever survived some of the things that have happened. But I did and the truth is, I don't think I would change one thing.
This 2006 is going to be an amazing journey for me - I can just feel it in my soul.
blessings to you for a 2006 made of all your dreams come true xoxo

Saturday, 31 December, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger