Saturday, February 18, 2006

Saturdays and Corners of my home

A productive day spent doing, just what we wanted to do. We seldom get the chance to be together when The Fiancé is working all the time, but at the end of this month, he'll be getting a whole two weeks off (!!) to spend with me at home - as you can tell I can't wait :-)

After scouring Alnwick (pron. an-ick) for second-hand bargains, fighting our way into the pet shop for some doggy treats and drinking the most delectable latté, we came home to do a spot of gardening (I feel this is a recurring theme). We got the first semi-circular bed dug from the lawn, finding many worms (trying desperately to rescue and not chop them in half with the spade - I feel so terrible when this happens!), a 50p piece, and a greenish marble. The things we found (I won't even mention the two types of slugs)! Within the hour, the bed looked semi-circular, with us pooped and ready for a wonderfully home-cooked (of course) meal, prepared by both of us, of new season lamb (half shoulder, has a lot more flavour and is one of the traditionally overlooked 'cheaper' cuts) and vegetables. Delish.

I also thought I'd share a corner of my house, seeing as so many netizens out there are doing likewise. So, for once I'm jumping on the bandwagon to show you one of the favourite parts of this old house of ours... Enjoy! That particular corner of the sofa is where I will usually be found knitting (the light is really good at any time of the day - we're south-facing), the picture that can be seen in the left-hand corner is not usually there, but it is a collage of our life together in 2003/2004, we should update it to add more recent bits but don't seem to be able to find the time! In the summer (or really any sunny day) the sun beams through there and makes it so bright, brighter than any artificial light could be. Only today was I thinking how content I am in this house, and how much different it was from the last house we were staying in (the old Quarrymens cottages). I don't believe I could be any more content and happy.

Image hosting by Photobucket

So, that said, and as contented as I am, I'm off to sip on some Ovaltine whilst bathing in a bath of pure Lush goodness. Oh the decadence :-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That couch looks so cozy and comfortable :)
It's a waonderful thing to feel content isn't it? There is something about feeling at home...

Saturday, 18 February, 2006  
Blogger Calidore said...

That couch looks so inviting and comfortable. Thank you for sharing part of your home.

Sunday, 19 February, 2006  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

I love your blog! gardening is such a pure pleasure, isn't it. Digging & weeding sure soothes the soul. I also love how you delight in your 'nest' - something we have in common

Tuesday, 21 February, 2006  
Blogger Mimi said...

Oh, what a lovely atmosphere is conveyed through your photo. Your knitting spot looks so light and airy and plesant.

Tuesday, 21 February, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger