Friday, February 10, 2006

smells of baking and sounds of knitting

Oh it has been a fruitful day at home, not sat around (that has been happening less and less of late) but zipping around the house doing things. It makes all the difference. Although rather scarily our hoover (vacuum cleaner) seems to have gone to pot, perhaps from over-use this morning? I'm not sure, it's about a year old, so it shouldn't go wrong now, should it? I have taken all of the filters out, washed them, checked the fuse, once the filters are dry I'll re-assemble it and hope for the best. Otherwise there will be harsh words from me to Hoover! Thankfully we have two (ever the well-prepared cleaner, me) which will tide us through.

Image hosting by PhotobucketI am on my next knitting project (after finishing two dishcloths - if only I had more arms!)), which is a hot-water bottle cover, for, erm, a hot water bottle ;-) A simple thing, which won't deal with flaps, it'll be a straight two-sided affair (of my own devising, of course) with leftover balls of wool (one of which found at a local oxfam shop, bundled in a bag with another for 39p). The fastening will be at the shoulders of the hot-water bottle, using some nice buttons.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Today was deemed to be a biscuit-baking day, so armed with a shelf of books on the subject, what did I do? I chose to make my own recipe, which I will annotate at the next possible moment, as I will soon be nipping off to walk the beloved dog, of which there is also a photo today!

Image hosting by Photobucket

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Those biccies look yum! I am off to hunt for some cotton to make some dishcloths with next week - you have inspired me!!

Friday, 10 February, 2006  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

what a fun, productive day you have had!

Saturday, 11 February, 2006  
Blogger Calidore said...

Love the biscuits and the dog is pretty darn cute too. Sounds like you had a fantastic day.

Saturday, 11 February, 2006  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

funny about the hot water bottle cover - I found a pattern a few weeks ago that I want to knit up for winter. I was going to post it on my blog when it gets closer to cooler weather here.

Saturday, 11 February, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger