Saturday, September 09, 2006

Working Girl

Remember me mentioning I had something very exciting to tell you all, but wouldn't, for fear of jinxing it? Well, I can now reveal that I have got myself a little job and can now be considered a working girl! It is the first time I've been employed by someone else, and the first time I will be working a 9 to 5, but it's only one day a week, so I can still be at home and doing all of the things I want to do here! Perfect!

I won't bore you with details, but everyone there is lovely, friendly local lasses (all women) who are really helpful. I have another two half-day training sessions, and then I am ready to be left to start doing all that's required of me! It was an experience, my knees were killing me and my feet three sizes bigger than usual, but I actually kept thinking how much I was enjoying myself. For me, that's not only unusual but highly unlikely, given my usual penchant for pessimism.

Anyway, this is just a quickie update, before we rush off out to do *something*, because we want to celebrate, go out, do something fun. Perhaps a train ride, or maybe just a potter around local cafés, or making use of the HistoryMatters free open days at historic locations all over the country!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And for an added bit of weekend randomness, I'll leave you with this, found deep in the woods. Is it art? Or merely a cup left on a trunk by a passing wanderer?

2 Comments:

Blogger Rowan said...

You sound really happy about your job, I hope you enjoy life as a working girl and that you had a suitable celebration!

Monday, 11 September, 2006  
Blogger Jeremy said...

Good luck with the job. Hope you enjoy it.

Monday, 11 September, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger