Thursday, November 30, 2006

through the viewfinder

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I am currently based on the sofa, wrapped up in a fleece coat with hot water bottle and dog nearby (except to write this - I don't have a laptop!), avoiding being pulled into sleep by this overwhelming feeling of tiredness. In other words, I've got an infection. It has been there for a while, sat on my chest, but it has taken a turn for the worse and, gulp, I've actually got a doctors appointment tomorrow. Actually, I've had it for quite a while, and in complete denial of symptoms, I just put it down to a cold or something and continued on. But feeling sufficiently crappy, I made an appointment. That's what denial gets you (I'm leaving jokes about rivers in Egypt to you guys...).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


There is an upside to this tale of woe - sitting in a dimly-lit living room gives one ideas, in the long, dark evenings we've been having. It got me thinking about what I've seen on blogs recently - TTV or 'through the viewfinder'. The premise being you take a modern digital camera and take photos through the lens of another camera. The older the camera is, the better, scratchier, lovlier photos you come up with. I used my wonderful new digital camera and my old 1970's SLR, and took some very basic photos of the standard lamp in our living room. Because there was no other light in there, they have come out with a beautiful ambiance.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


You guys might not hear from me for a while, as I've been asked to work on Saturday as well as Sunday - and assuming I've not got SARS or TB, then I'll be working two very long days. Which is good, because it's all extra in the kitty. But it also means I won't get to spend time with the hubby. However, I can get the xmas decorations down now and have a look-see to make sure all of the bulbs work, the tinsel is, well, tinsel-ish and the baubles are all sparkling. Think I can do that from the comfort of my fleecy sofa-cocoon? I do.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kali said...

I'm loving your photos...
BTW ~ I hope the visit to the doc. and subsequent treatment gets you all better in no time!
I am the same when it comes to denial (lol).
Take care...K :)

Thursday, 30 November, 2006  
Blogger Annie Jeffries said...

Love your lamp picture. I have a similar one I took with my cell phone camera. Hope all goes well with the medical appointment. Take care, Annie

Thursday, 30 November, 2006  
Blogger Calidore said...

Poor you feeling so horrible. I know exactly where you are coming from - I've got the flu - so I really know where you're coming from...lol. Hope the Doctors visit goes well. Don't wear yourself out with work and stay warm and rested.

Thursday, 30 November, 2006  
Blogger Tea said...

What an intersting way to take a picture! Hope you feel better soon and stay all comfy and warm.

tea
xo

Friday, 01 December, 2006  
Blogger Mimi said...

Oh poor you! Hope the Dr's goes well and that work over the weekend is ok too. Just keep snuggling that hot water bottle and thinking tinselly thoughts!

Friday, 01 December, 2006  
Blogger Robyn said...

Those are some great pictures! I love the effect! And as I said before, get better! And don't work if you realy don't have to.

Friday, 01 December, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger