Tuesday, December 05, 2006

little winter light

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I am writing this in one of my many breaks, which have now become compulsory ~ I can't believe just how tired I have become since this infection. It now takes me ages just to clean a bathroom because I have to do it in little slices and having to psych myself up to do the simplest tasks. Insane. The antibiotics are still making me feel woosy so I'm taking lots of probiotic yogurt stuff, plenty of natural yougurt. The antiobiotics are doing something, but I don't think they're working as well as they should. So I'm might make an appointment to see the doctor for the end of the week, I'm sure it should've cleared up by now, but it doesn't seem to have done so yet.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


My appetite has diminished, good for the waistline, but miserable for meal-planning and cooking. My heart (and stomach) have left the building and want only cups of tea (I won't even tell you how many of those I'm consuming) and the odd pick at food. Oh, and odd cravings for sausage rolls, chicken and mayonnaise and Lebkuchen. Which at some point I am going to have to give into. Seeing La Mia Cucina's blog mentioning one of my favourite sweet-edibles, biscotti, made me instantly want to make some myself. Which I did, in pieces, because even staying focused for half an hour is difficult at the moment. It went very well, it was very easy to make, and tastes very much like the Italian stuff - I love it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


The rose petals are from my William Morris (Auswill) rose, which despite it being December, in the most northerly county in England (and on the cooler East of the country), is still flowering. There is no more evidence needed that the whole world has gone to pot.

I did have time to listen to a very good Radio4 programme on English pastoral music - the link is here to listen again! With works from Gerald Finzi whose Clarinet concerto is amazing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

Oh poor poorly you! I hope you feel more yourself soon.

Have you tried some soup? Sippable like tea but a little more nourishing :) I had cauliflower, red lentil and cumin today. Wrap up warm and keep taking those breaks!

Tuesday, 05 December, 2006  
Blogger Amy said...

Hope you get better, btw biscotti is yum, I found a recipe for mocha biscotti a while back and I made it, here's the recipe if you'd like to check it out :
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Mocha-Biscotti/Detail.aspx

Tuesday, 05 December, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger