Sunday, December 03, 2006

VintagePretty gets a make-over!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Whilst I have been luxuriating in bed, reading and sleeping or sitting on the sofa watching dreary TV my darling husband has been busy. I gave him a brief - a new blog, please. Easier said than done. Two days hard work, hours and hours of testing, swearing and uploading later and doesn't it look amazing? I am the luckiest girl!
Note the beautifully elegant menus ~ you are but one click away from links, profile info, archives and blogrolls! It has made me positively squee with delight. Hand crafted, artisan web design, eh?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I am feeling ever-so-slightly better. I am still pumping the amoxicillin like it's out of fashion, the dose is enormous, so those are making me feel pretty woosy (I won't even go into the 3am toilet calls...), but I'm sure I'll be on the mend soon. I can't wait to get our xmas tree either, today was the day my hubby ventured up into the loft to find the lights, decorations and other assorted wonderful things - hopefully we'll be able to find a tree this week. It won't be long until the in-laws are up for the weekend and by then I want this place to look like something out of Santa's grotto. I did manage to make the xmas puds, in stages, with the help of my husband (well, someone has to do the strenuous stirring). We made 4 in all, one 1 1/2 pint, 2 1 pints and a tiny one that we ate for dinner. With cream.

Ok, there has been enough excitement around here for one day - I'm off to rest and recoup my strength for tomorrow and more antibiotics.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

I love the new look. Hope you are feeling better.

Sunday, 03 December, 2006  
Blogger Ziz said...

The new design is beautiful! :)

Sunday, 03 December, 2006  
Blogger Amy said...

wow your hubby sure is creative! I like what he's done.

Monday, 04 December, 2006  
Blogger Mimi said...

Ohh what a beautiful new blog! And your christmas pud looks lovely. So glad you are feeling a bit better- I find bio yoghurt helps a bit with the antibiotic aftermath!

We got our tree at the weekend- starting to feel all sparkly for Christmas!

Monday, 04 December, 2006  
Blogger Kali said...

Lovely all round...glad you're on the mend :)

Monday, 04 December, 2006  
Blogger Amber said...

Your new look blog looks great and glad you are feeling a wee bit better. Hope you are getting all the TLC from your hubby and keep the New Look Blog it's wonderful.

Monday, 04 December, 2006  
Blogger Daisy Lupin said...

Love your new blog design, it looks so colourful. Hope you get better soon.

Wednesday, 06 December, 2006  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

vitamin C, garlic, and a good acidophillus/bifidus will help with the antibiotics. also - drink lots of green tea & epsom salt baths. pamper yourself lots xoxo
I know you are on the mend but the above won't hurt at all - those antibiotics will be in your system for awhile. oh and a good old fashioned chicken soup never hurts either xoxo

Thursday, 07 December, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger