Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Everloving

Ooooh, so many new things are going on around here. People are posting beautiful things, there is beauty in the mild (although unseasonal) weather, and the sun is rising a little earlier every morning. My music tastes have changed from the wintry tones of Sufjan (although he's like an addictive lover, I cannot be without him for long) to The Be Good Tanyas, Joan As Policewoman and Kathryn Williams. I am also looking forward to moving blogs, because this Blogger beta nonsense has gone on for quite long enough ~ not to mention something *very* exciting that I'm going to be unveiling soon. But I can't just yet because it's not quite ready. Patience, patience!

I can't settle, my mind is in overdrive at the moment, which is nice after months of being relatively uncreative. I have been back into the groove with writing, poetry mostly, and getting back into reading. It helps when you've got a stack of books that you really do want to read, from Didius Falco novels to Little Women and Cider With Rosie.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It's also been good to start thinking about the garden again. It has been such a long time since I just went outside and imagined how I'd like it to be. Plans are being formulated for where we want to go this year, what we want to do, and how we're going to do it. I was going through old photos, and just imagining the smell of a freshly-cut rose, and the warm newly-mown lawn smell makes me want to invest in a tipi this minute and live on our lawn. Except the neighbours might wonder.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I have been watching the seed catalogues, eyeing the garden centre shelves and deciding which vegetables to grow. Which seeds to nurture and which beds to cultivate. There is so much possibility, it's a nice place to be.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger