Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Sleetbow

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

In between bright sunshine, there have been dark clouds which has brought sleet. A cold wind whipped at me and the dog as I took her out at lunchtime. After the dark skies it brightened, continuing to sleet, so appeared a sleet-bow. Rainbows are the normal bright well-defined phenomena that happen in rain, snowbows are white (or reduced spectrum) and occur in snow (who woulda thunk it?) and then there is my little beauty, a sleet-bow. Very hazy, pale and short-lived, but gorgeous nonetheless.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And as I was in the mood for some poetry today, I opened my Wordsworth book and look what I came across.

'My heart leaps up when I behold' by William Wordsworth
(This poem is now generally known as The Rainbow)

My heart leaps up when I behold
A rainbow in the sky:
So was it when my life began;
So is it now I am a Man;
So be it when I shall grow old,
Or let me die!
The Child is Father of the Man;
And I could wish my days to be
Bound each to each by natural piety.

2 Comments:

Blogger Clare and Mike said...

Oh, wonderful photos and wonderful poetry, what a delightful post!

Wednesday, 17 January, 2007  
Blogger couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

You have a beautiful blog with lots of lovely pictures, I came here while visiting Daisy's blog and I am very happy I did!!!

Tuesday, 30 January, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger