Monday, January 15, 2007

It all went right in the end

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


After all that hassle and stress about my car's tyre, all it took was a visit to our neighbours next door and it was sorted. Our neighbour had the necessary expertise and equiptment to pump my tyre up which allowed me to get to a local garage that he recommended and within 10 minutes it was all fine and dandy. Mended. That was a huge weight off my mind!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

But seeing as my darling husband had rented a car just in case I couldn't get to work, we decided to make use of it, and the place we chose was one of our favourites ~ Alnwick. I was wearing my new clothes (and feeling a million dollars rolling up in new clothes and a new car, albeit a rented one!), hubby on my arm we slunk into a coffee shop to warm up from the gales we've been having recently. For the last 2 weeks or so, on and off since New Years, it has just blown and blown. I found 3 very old-looking rooftiles in our front garden, panicked, and was told by our neighbour (who knows this house and every other on the whole road better than anyone) that they weren't from our roof, and on inspection, it was true. We do have a loose aerial on the roof that has finally dislodged in the 70mph gusts and is hanging perilously close to the edge.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


We walked around the town, I bought some wool for my very first knitted piece of clothing ~ a very pretty tank-top type jumper. And we also stopped in our favourite organic and fairtrade shop where I bought the yellow-split peas above, to make a variation of Nigella's Yellow Split Pea and Frankfurter Soup, using up some of the 80-odd meatballs I made on Friday and froze (a very economical recipe) in place of the Frankfurters.

We wandered some more, picked up warm brie and crispy bacon sandwiches which we ate in the car, along with a little tub of heather-honey icecream, before driving home. On the drive the wind was gusting, the sky at one side of us blue, the other was studded with deep grey clouds.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The skyscapes are very beautiful. Glad all turned out OK in the end.

Monday, 15 January, 2007  
Blogger Primrose Hill said...

Your skyscapes are wonderful, I just wish we had some of the blue skies too! When is the wind and rain ever going to stop!

Monday, 15 January, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated 21st birthday. And for the Hexham photos - Northumberland is one of my favourite places - like going down memory lane - and your cooking looks mouthwatering.

Hope you got your tyre fixed - am off to read your other blog now

Tuesday, 16 January, 2007  
Blogger Kali said...

sounds like my kind of a day...
You live in such a lovely part of the world.

Tuesday, 16 January, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger