Friday, January 12, 2007

Past all concerns

Today is going to be about simple pleasures with as few nasties thrown in as possible. The last couple of days have been very stressful, as I was outside in a gale, walked past my car and noticed that it had a puncture. Which means I need a new one, right? The place that sells tyres order them in for next-day fitting, but as I couldn't get there to physically pay the deposit, because my car would've been running on a flat and home again, they won't order it in. Which means no tyre until at least next week. So my husband has hired a car to make sure that we can get to the garage to give them the money and so that I can get to work and back on Sunday. *Sigh*.

That plus having to change my driving license to my new name (I positively hate filling in important forms) and another doctors appointment for this chest complaint that seems to have turned itself into some form of allergy-caused asthma (complete with wheezing and inhalers).

But on the upside, I'm not going to complain because a wonderful parcel popped through the door today and fell with a thud. Thankfully the dog wasn't present as it would've been in a hundred little pieces by the time I got to it otherwise! Who wouldn't smile when you open this?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I saw it and had to have it ~ whilst on my little shopping spree I also ordered Kathryn Williams' new album 'Leave To Remain' which is just beautiful.

Tonight I'm making Nigella's pasta with meatballs in tomato sauce with Waitrose's (have a look at their recipes section, yummy!) organic, free-range minced pork although I can't decide whether to make the pasta myself or not, I might just be lazy and enjoy using ready-bought stuff. Either way, today is going to be spent doing as little of the boring stuff and as much of the enjoyable stuff as possible ~ excuse me, the DVD player is calling :) For the rest of the day I'm 'past all concerns'.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Silly garage not letting you order the tyre and paying for it later. I love both Hugh and Nigella - so good choices made. Enjoy the DVD.

Friday, 12 January, 2007  
Blogger Amy said...

Oh! You've got the book I most want to get on my wishlist! His tv series is still on over here and I marvel at the way he's become so country-fied. Hope you get your car sorted out...

Friday, 12 January, 2007  
Blogger Daisy Lupin said...

You can't beat good old Hugh, when I was last in Falmouth for the Oyster festival I went to a cookery demonstration by him, he is hilarious and such a nice person. He signed my river cottage book for me with a personal message. You wouldn't believe the mess he makes as he cooks.
Can't wait to see what it is you are about to be unveiling!
I was out in the garden today thinking about what to plant this year, although it is sodden and gale wrecked at the moment.

Saturday, 13 January, 2007  
Blogger Tea said...

Sorry to hear about your flat, but it looks like all these goodies made up for it :)
That pasta sounds good as does that DVD!

tea
xo

Saturday, 13 January, 2007  
Blogger Anastasia said...

Ohhh I love River Cottage!! and Nigella too!! happy cooking

Monday, 15 January, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger