Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Six weird things

I was tagged by Zoe to the Six Weird Things meme, so here are my six!

1. I get inordinate amounts of pleasure from letting our dog, G, lick out yogurt pots. I think it's because she crosses her eyes whilst doing so which is very endearing in a dog, and makes me howl with laughter!

2. When I was younger I used to spend almost every clear, cold night watching the stars and learning their patterns, the constellations and hoping to see a shooting star. Being under the stars gives me a feeling of being so small, it's rather refreshing. I believe something special will happen if you see a shooting star ~ it always has for me!

3. I will one day, if it is the only thing I ever do, have a smallholding. It will be somewhere in the South-West, there will be animals and I will become as self-sufficient as possible. I plan to sell our vegetables and become a market gardener.

4. I like melancholy music, and will always be drawn to minor chords over major. I don't know why, I just feel that sadder music has more to say. That's not to say I don't like loud, happy stuff too ~ but I tend to err towards the sadder music.

5. Every spring I feel a bit of panic overcome me at the thought of having to get organised in the garden. This almost always disappears as soon as I get going in the garden, where worms are my friends, the robin sings for me and our squirrels dance above my head.

6. I like to touch trees, will never snap a branch, and feel completely at peace sat at next to, or touching a tree. I love deep, dark pine forests the most, although I love deciduous forests at dawn in the spring. I apologise before I cut a plant down.

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

That's funny about your dog, I thought it was only cats who liked yoghurt lol

Tuesday, 23 January, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for joining in your answers are very deep and thoughtful. My dog likes yoghurt pots too!

Tuesday, 23 January, 2007  
Blogger Anastasia said...

how cute of your dog to do that!! I love your fascination with trees - we usually take nature for granted...

Wednesday, 24 January, 2007  
Blogger Heidi said...

I hope touching trees is not all too wierd as I like to even hug them. It is really such a special thing on this earth and just love being near trees.

I enjoyed reading your blog.

Friday, 26 January, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger