Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Gentle strength


Just a quick to post to say that we both survived! We are both back from our honeymoon having had the most amazing time. I have so much to say but am a little too overwhelmed to say it! The wedding was amazing. We had a small registry office ceremony, but it was much nicer than I thought it'd be - the man officiating was very nice and gave a lovely speech, although the marriage part of the day is such a blur, I can hardly remember what he said!

The honeymoon was also wonderful, we spent two weeks in the deepest of rural idylls, away from anyone else, peaceful in our newly re-kindled love. And that was the point of it, to be just us, to have nothing cloud our first two weeks of wedded life. It was happiness at its most beautiful.

Now it is back to business, lots of washing, tidying, cleaning and homemaking to do. The house was left rather in a state, because we had little time and were far too tired from the wedding itself to do very much at all! But I am glad to be back, with ideas, memories and thoughts afresh, ideas to transform into reality. To be back with my husband and our dog, who also enjoyed a holiday with my mother, as our little family.

I am not going to cloud this post with anything bad - but there is news of a less-positive nature too, which I'll detail when I next turn the computer on - after the main housework has been done. Thankyous to all who have sent well-wishes, they were warmly received and have made our big day the best it could've been. The picture above? That was my bouquet - the most beautiful I've ever seen.

7 Comments:

Blogger Calidore said...

Welcome home - how wonderful to hear that your wedding went so well and you had such a lovely and relaxing honeymoon. The flowers are absolutely stunning. Do please share some photos when you have time. Isn't it wonderful to "my Husband"? I still get a thrill even after nearly 15 years.

Hugs and Best Wishes to you both.

Tuesday, 11 July, 2006  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Hi Natasha, welcome back to the blogging world! I've been dropping in every few days to see if you had returned. I know what Calidore means about being able to say 'my husband'. I often think to myself, these people who won't get married don't know what they are missing - I love just 'being married' to my sweetie.

Tuesday, 11 July, 2006  
Blogger Mimi said...

Oh congratulations to Mr and Mrs Vintage Pretty!

I am so glad that you had the day that you wanted, and that your honeymoon was just right for you too.

I am also glad you are back!

Tuesday, 11 July, 2006  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

Hi Natasha, my sweet xox so good to see you back! I remember when I married my darling 18 years ago * waking in the middle of the night and seeing my wedding ring shining in the dark - I felt the most amazing overwhelming joy. And that joy is still here for us - I wish you that very same thing. much love always xoxo

Tuesday, 11 July, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wednesday, 12 July, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dearest Tash - welcome home!!
It's so lovely to have you back, and I'm delighted to hear you had a wonderful wedding and honeymoon :) I've been waiting for you to get back so I can say "Congratulations!"
Wishing you and your new husband many, many years of love and happiness.

xxx

Wednesday, 12 July, 2006  
Blogger Kali said...

Congratulations to you both on your marriage...Your bouquet is stunning and your day and honeymoon sounded just perfect.

I am sorry about your hubby's car, but you have the right attitude about it all.

Health and Happiness to you both...Kali :)

Thursday, 13 July, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger