Monday, June 19, 2006

Love and marriage


This my dear friends, will almost definitely be my final post before the wedding (eep), and most likely before we return from our two weeks away in the glorious South West. Things have started to get pretty busy around here! Nearly all of the shopping for the reception has been done, glass hire has been booked, our gazebo is ready and I'm left in the middle of it all wondering just what has happened! Tomorrow the majority of the guests arrive and book into their hotels, having travelled many miles. My mother herself is driving a good distance to pick up some elderly relations who can't get here any other way. Everyone has been so good and kind to us - it's really touching.

The garden is starting to look absolutely stunning - just as we're leaving it! Many of the wildflowers that we planted - California poppies, red dead-nettles and the like are just coming into flower, the rest with big buds just waiting to bloom. Although I'll be missing the best of the flowers, I'm hoping my neighbour will watch over the garden for me!

Thanks to all the well-wishers and good-luck-givers, it's nice to know that I can share this time with others who have been where I am right now (or somewhere similar!).

I am slightly nervous, as all brides-to-be are, but all I have to do is look around me to see so many men and women happy in their decision to spend their lives together. So far this relationship has definitely had its ups and downs, but there is love, respect and caring, as well as the more tumultuous sides, which every relationship experiences.

So on that note, and whilst humming "Love and Marriage", I will bid you adieu! Have a good two-weeks, whatever you may be doing!

16 Comments:

Blogger me said...

I can't believe it's finally here. Natasha, I hope the day is lovely, the weather cooperates, all your family and friends make it in safely and, most importantly, that you are happy. And have a most beautiful honeymoon. Can't wait to hear how it all went. :0)

Monday, 19 June, 2006  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

Natasha - I am sending many blessings to you & your betrothed :) may your future days together be full of happiness, health & peace. May you grow old together.
'come, grow old with me * the best is yet to be' xoxo

Monday, 19 June, 2006  
Blogger Calidore said...

Sending love and hugs to you both for your special day. May your future be as bright as it can be, your troubles small and your blessings many.

Tuesday, 20 June, 2006  
Blogger Amy said...

How did your book reading go? What did you think of the norah lofts one you snagged? I've just bought a copy of it too and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tuesday, 20 June, 2006  
Blogger Daisy Lupin said...

Hope you have a wonderful wedding day and the sun shines on you both. Enjoy your time in the South West [if by that you mean Cornwall]that is my favourite part of the country. Look forward to hearing all about your wedding in a future post. Happiness to you both. Love Daisy Lupin xx

Tuesday, 20 June, 2006  
Blogger Mimi said...

Oh have a wonderful wonderful first day of your new life together! And a blissful honeymoon too.

Tuesday, 20 June, 2006  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Congratulations, and best wishes for a very happy life together!

Tuesday, 20 June, 2006  
Blogger Cookie said...

I wish for you a very happy and long life together. Enjoy your day!

Tuesday, 20 June, 2006  
Blogger Jeremy said...

Many congratulations. I hope everything goes fantastically well.

Tuesday, 20 June, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats...I hope everything went well.....hope we get to see some pics of the beautiful day!

Wednesday, 21 June, 2006  
Blogger Tracy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wednesday, 21 June, 2006  
Blogger Tracy said...

Wishing you a wonderful future & marriage to your Beloved! Best wishes!

Wednesday, 21 June, 2006  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

Hope your day went well - a little gift for you :a life time of magic

Thursday, 22 June, 2006  
Blogger Kali said...

Congratulations and Best Wishes! I just had to stop by and wish you and your beloved the best for a lifetime of health & happiness!!
What a wonderful time for you both...ENJOY!
p.s. I always get teary at weddings, and I felt glassy eyed as I read your post :)

Friday, 23 June, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy times! The day has probably been and gone now, i hope it was a wonderful day. Oh yeah, and i just realised that you are from Newcastle, i'm originally from Houghton-le-Spring!!!

Tuesday, 27 June, 2006  
Blogger Annie Jeffries said...

Many joyous blessings Natasha. May the garden of your lives, joined as one, be as beautiful as the garden that surrounds you.

Monday, 03 July, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger