Friday, May 19, 2006

My green promises

Firstly, thanks to everyone who left such supportive comments - I am so glad that you're interested in becoming green - if only a few people on the 'net take this on board then I'll be satisfied that I've done something good!

I mentioned in my last post that I'd make some green promises, and have come up with some. If anyone out in the blogosphere wants to have a go, join in with the same promises, make their own, or just have a day of complete green-ness, then go for it (and leave a comment so that I can see how you're doing!)!

For this month (what's left of it) my green promises are thus:


  • Use as few chemicals as possible, in the house and on my body.

  • Research alternatives for shampoos, toothpastes (am going to make a batch of stuff tonight to see if it works!) and washing powders.

  • Put the three Rs into practise - Reuse, Reduce, Recycle!



In the next couple of days I'll do some posts about green household ingredients, things I know to work, things I use, and things I'm going to be testing! Good luck! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Saturday, 20 May, 2006  
Blogger Jeremy said...

Looking forward to your green tips. Hope I'm better at carrying them out than I am at recognising fake latin.
Good luck with the home-made toothpaste etc. I'm sure that your 'perseverantia et industria' will pay dividends. I'm off to invest in the soapwort futures market.....

Saturday, 20 May, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger