Monday, August 08, 2005

a restful weekend

It was wonderful. Truly relaxing. My parner, myself, and the dog went back to my mothers house for the weekend and we ended up having a ball. It is always fabulous to go somewhere really quiet to just chill out. I got to go shopping and buy fripperies that i wouldn't usually buy, see people i don't get to see very much of anymore, and get to chill in some peaceful surroundings.

I'm going to be pretty busy this week, as my partner's parents are coming to stay overnight next weekend, so this week is going to be spent preparing for that as well as getting to grips with a 1920's Singer hand-crank sewing machine and making up designs for my own little project (more on that in a later post!).

I'm just about to make myself some Yogi Liquorice tea and have a relax, before tackling the spare room. I think it's about time to put the Frank Sinatra and Fred Astaire on and have a blitz. Anyone for some 'Putting On the Ritz'?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

An avid tea-drinker who likes Nutmeg in her coffee and warm lavender-scented quilts. She knits, crochets and partakes in random acts of craftiness (and kindness). She can often be found outside, in the garden with her faithful doggy companion, and a cup of tea. Reading is a pasttime that she enjoys muchly, so too is moving furniture around. She writes haiku about nettles, would like to swim with seals and become completely self-sufficient.

Powered by Blogger